Labels

dinner (11) bread (10) dessert (7) quick and easy (7) cookies (6) pasta (6) muffins (5) snacky (5) Paleo (3) Pie (3) chocolate (3) lemon (3) basics (2) breakfast (2) shrimp (2) soup (2) Pizza (1) apple (1) beverages (1) cake (1) dressings/sauces (1) nuts (1) prep (1) pumpkin (1) side dish (1)

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Oops!


Do you know what this is?

It's a mistake.
 The poor loaf overfilled the pan and oozed onto the bottom of the oven. I caught that little burnt guy snuggling up with the bottom heating element.

The good news is that I'm smart enough to put a cookie sheet under the next loaf...
Eh, a lot of good that did me! 

Better news: after peeling the runaway bread off of the oven rack, it tasted GREAT.

Useful news: I have now updated my Cinnamon Swirl Bread recipe to say it yields THREE loaves rather than two. I think the original recipe said two loaves because it was meant to be plain bread. The whole "cinnamon swirl" part adds some volume.

Aren't you so glad you can learn from my mistakes?

And in case you're wondering, No, I haven't eaten six loaves of cinnamon swirl bread in the past two weeks. I've given lots of bread away, and these two loaves here are for a Valentine's Church Potluck.

Then again, I'm inclined to think that eating six loaves of bread would actually be quite enjoyable...minus the pesky weight gain that it might induce. But that's another story for another day! I have some dishes to wash...

1 comment:

  1. haha love it! now i wish i had some... maybe I'll have to make some... or maybe I shouldn't...haha
    i also like your disclaimer that you haven't eaten 6 loves in the past 2 weeks, glad to hear it, but it would be very easy with that bread... half a loaf per day which seems to be the natural pace in my house
    PS can't wait for you to come home!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers